Our Pop up Shop has closed per December 23 so we are no longer able to offer Free Local Pick Up. Depending on government restrictions we hope to restart Free Delivery West Wicklow from early January. Until then orders can be made for posting only.
If 2020 has given us anything, it’s time to think, relax and spend more time at home. However, in saying that, this year has caused many to fall into a readers slump. Below is a selection of our non-fiction books that we hope will get your buzz back. You’ll find ones that make you laugh, cry, think and feel.
- The Correct Order of Biscuits A book containing a series of hilarious, fascinating and brilliantly strange lists. Including “What is a platypus called in Mandarin?” and “What do they say instead of ‘Cheese’ when taking a photo in Bulgaria?! A great gift idea for any fact fans, or anyone who just needs a good laugh!
- Tell me the Truth about Loss Niamh Fitzpatrick brings the reader on a psychologists journey through loss, grief and trauma. Raw and real, this book is a tonic to help people who are grieving to see a glimmer of hope for the future.
- With Hope in Your Heart Heart-breaking, honest and hopeful. Martina Cox reflects on life before, and after, her husband’s vicious attack in Liverpool in 2018. A story of inner strength, determination and commitment.
- Are You There, God? It’s Me, Ellen Ellen Coyne is exploring the question ” Is it possible to be young, progressive and Catholic?” An intelligent and thoughtful insight into a young Irish person’s relationship with the Catholic Church in the modern age.
- Just Ignore Him Alan Davies’ autobiography. To most, this book will be a new insight to one of Britain’s best loved comedians and actors, but it’s so much more than that. It goes through his childhood, and tells the effect of his past on who he is today. Sad, funny, heart-breaking and inspiring. This book will stay with you.
If lockdown taught us anything, it’s that we love a challenge. 2020 will be in our memories forever as the year we mastered sourdough and banana bread. If you’ve kept on the cooking bug, here is a list of our best selling cookbooks – with very few bananas in sight….
- Bread Therapy This book combines mindfulness with baking. Ideal for those looking to slow down, and start enjoying themselves in the kitchen
- The Part Time Vegetarian’s Year Vegetarianism for the seasons. Contains all vegetarian recipes, with adaptations for veganism, meat or seafood. Perfect if you want to try eat more plant based, whilst not losing any flavour.
- The Pie Room Winter is well and truly here, and with it brings the need for comfort food. Pies, sausage rolls, tarts and pasties – this book has them all. Full of helpful hints and techniques for making your own pastry from scratch, it’s sure to become a family favourite.
- Everyday Fresh Quick, healthy meals, without compromising on flavour. Includes recipes that can be frozen ahead of time, and then spruced up in minutes. Proof that healthy doesn’t have to mean boring, and quick can be nutritious!
- The Artisan Kitchen This book gives a modern twist to traditional techniques. Including smoking, cheese-making, fermenting and perfecting kombucha. Embark on your new culinary journey now. . .
- The Other Bennet Sister Witty and uplifting novel for lovers of Jane Austen. A new story in its own right, about Mary, the middle of the Bennet girls.
- Such A Fun Age A brilliant read, that makes you think. Set in America, a story about race, privilege and female friendships.
- The Giver of Stars Heart warming, captivating book about the earliest library service in America and the women who brought books by horseback to remote homes
- The Mercies Based on real events, a story about women and the way they relate to one another, about friendship, sisterhood and love.
- Drive your Plow over the Bones of the Dead A story which is philosophical, funny and easy to read. Quickly draws you into well narrated vivid scenes
- Star of the North Full of drama with interesting insight into life in North Korea
- The Memory Wood Addictive – kept me reading till the early hours – on a school night!
- The Binding Very well written page turner
- The Holiday I challenge you to work out what is going on – kept me enthralled till the last page
- The Creak on the Stairs Have you read all the ‘noir’ Scandinavian thrillers and looking for the latest writer? Look no further
We are delighted to bring you a great selection of books including our famous ‘mystery bag’ of books – available for different age groups as well as thrillers and fiction books for grown ups.